What is All-on-4 dental implant treatment?
All-on-4 is an innovative implant technique that provides patients who have missing teeth with a full arch prosthetic restoration: fitted in a single day. For this reason the technique is also referred to as “Teeth-In-A-Day”. Advances in restorative implant dentistry now make it possible to provide stable and retentive support for prosthetic teeth using just four implants per arch.
- All-on-4 dental implants look and feel like normal teeth and they are permanently fixed in place.
- Unlike removable dentures there is no covering of the palatal which makes All-on-4 a much more comfortable option.
- Traditional dentures are prone to slipping and can cause problems with chewing and pronunciation. Dental Implants allow you to speak and eat as normal.
- As All-on-4 reduces the number of implants required per denture, it provides patients with a more cost effective option than traditional procedures requiring six or more implants per arch. Additionally, the implant surgery is less complicated.
All-on-4 Implant FAQs
- Temporary teeth can be fitted on the same day
- It is a less complicated procedure than traditional implant supported prosthesis
- Can be used to treat patients with low bone volume
- Costs less than traditional full arch implants
Your dentist at Rose Garden will assess your suitability for dental implant treatment at your consultation. All-on-4 utilises specially designed posterior implants that maximize the amount of retention and support provided. This can make them suitable even for patients who have lower bone volume. Bone grafting is therefore seldom required and All-on-4 can often be used to treat patients who have previously been told they are not suitable for implants.
If you’re interested in dental implants in Kingsbury, Queensbury, Edgware, Harrow, Wembley or anywhere in North London, contact Rose Garden Dental Practice today.